I’m very grateful to Julie from One Book More for nominating me. I greatly enjoy her reviews and hope you’ll check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person(s) who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Describe your blog in three words?
self-indulgent, simple, rant(y)
- What are you currently reading??
I just finished Happily Letter After by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland. It wasn’t bad.
- Do you have a favorite reading spot?
Yes. My current favorite spot is on the sofa with a blanket and loads of pillows.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? What would you do?
Good question! I would really love to go S. Korea so I can go visit Gyeongbokgung Palace and maybe visit Seoul Tower. I’d really like to eat my way through different cities in S. Korea (hahaha…)
- Do you prefer series or standalones?
This question is harder than it seems but I’ll go with standalones (that are part of series…hehehe)
- If you could only read three authors for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
G.A. AIKEN – I’m a newly minted fan. I’ve greatly enjoyed The Blacksmith Queen and The Princess Knight. The Scarred Earth Saga is imbued with humor and strong female warriors. It’s a fun read.
ANNE BISHOP – The Black Jewels Trilogy (I know it’s a series but I really just like the first three) and The Others are among some of my favorites from her.
KRISTIN BRITAIN – I’m a fan of The Green Rider and the first couple books in the series. I’ve reread them multiple times.
- Which three secondary characters do you feel should have their own series?
ALISON (Just As Long As We’re Together & Here’s to You Rachel Robinson) Maybe not necessarily a series but at least a book in the existing I’m still bitter that she never got her own book but her two best friends did.
YSBETA LAVAN (The Midnight Bargain) needs her own book. I don’t know if Polk will write a follow-up, but I’m sure Ysbeta has accomplished some great things that we need to know about.
WILLOW ROSENBERG (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) really needed to have her own spinoff. She was super smart and came into her own in the show. I loved her. Buffy would not have survived without her.
- Other than reading and blogging, what makes you happy?
I love to eat, sleep, and watch movies/shows.
- What is your favorite season?
Autumn is currently my favorite season. The leaves changing and the rain (limited though it may be where I’m at). I’m about to go make some vegetable soup to enjoy.
- What book inspires you?
I really enjoyed A Cuban Girl’s Guide to Tea and Tomorrow because it provided introspection: sometimes plans change and it’s okay because these changes may bring about outcomes that are better than if you stuck to the original plan.
- What is your go-to comfort genre?
Romance. Definitely romance.
- Liza | The Inharmonious Heroine
- Mehsi |Twirling Book Princess
- Debjani | Debjani’s Thoughts
- Kathryn | Kathryn Books
- Emily | Books with Raven
- J | Midnight Book Blog
- Queenie Clem | Queenie’s Booktalk & Reviews
- Kimberly | My Bookish Bliss
- What are you currently reading?
- What is a food/drink you want to try after reading about it in a book?
- What are you looking forward to as the year comes to a close?
- If you could be the villain for one day, who would it be and why?
- What is the theme song for your favorite character?
- What book(s) deserve a live-action series/movie adaptation?
- What is your least favorite trope?
- What is one of your favorite books that deserves more love from the bookish community?
- What movie/show contends with being as good as the book it is based on?
- What is one resolution you have for 2021?
- If your life were a book, what would be the title?