I was tagged by Jenny @ JenJenReviews in July. Thank you so much for tagging me!
As Jenny notes in her tag, the origin of Three Bookish Things seems to be unknown although it was possibly started on Instagram. If you or anyone knows who initially started it, please let me know!
Three read once and loved authors
- Leigh Bardugo
I’ve only read The Ninth House for a book club and it blew me away. I loved it. I plan to remedy this, but I’m not sure when. I have The Grishaverse on standby though.
- Tricia Levenseller
I read of Blade of Secrets and became enamored with Levenseller’s writing. The plot was fast-paced and the characters were entertaining. I’m hoping to start the Daughter of the Pirate King soon. (Um…my poor TBR)
- Sarah MacLean
MacLean set the bar really high with Daring and the Duke, and now I’m a bit afraid her other books won’t meet the bar. As soon as I find another book from MacLean that sounds as good, I will give her another chance.
Three titles I’ve watched but haven’t read
I first watched Brooklyn because I was in the mood for something historical and I also love Saoirse Ronan. I’m not sure if I will read the book, but it will remain a movie I rewatch. Domnall Gleeson is also in it, and I’m very partial to him too.
- Stardust This was one of the first movie premieres I attended. There were multiple surprises throughout with great performances from Clare Danes and Robert Deniro. I like to rewatch this one a lot. It’s turned into a comfort movie.
- Game of Thrones
I binged Game of Thrones while waiting for the last season. I’m an Arya Stark fan. I was not a fan of the last few episodes though. Unfortunately, with the book series still unfinished, I probably won’t be reading it. Maybe in the future?
Three characters you love
- Jo Kuan (The Downstairs Girl) is smart and understands her worth. The advice to the letters she receives for her column are clever; some even hilarious. Here’s one I loved and had to make a post for.
- Karigan G’ladheon (The Green Rider) is courageous with a sense of duty and loyalty to her kingdom. She’s more than willing to speak her mind, even though it can get her into trouble.
- Liya Thakkar (The Trouble with Hating You) defies the stereotypes people have of what she should be like. Even though she has a tough exterior, she’s also incredibly kind sweet. She’s kind to the people who love her and more than willing to stand up for them. I saw bits of myself in her.
Three series binged
- Clandestine Magic Trilogy
I can’t recommend this trilogy enough. There twists and there are turns. There’s romance and lots of magic. It’s pretty much a mash of all my favorite genres together with a dose of political science. Don’t let the latter deter you because this is a fantastic trilogy!
- Green Rider Series
I’ve binged this a couple of times. Why? This is one of my favorite medieval fantasy series. Every time I think I have the world figured out, there’s more to learn about it. I’ve followed the series since nearly the beginning–over 20 years–and I don’t regret it one bit.
- Throne of Glass
Does it count if I’ve never read Tower of Dawn and don’t really want to? Chaol broke my heart so I couldn’t bring myself to read it. It was difficult to get into the first book, but when I finally did, I couldn’t stop. I was a zombie afterward.
Three favorite book covers
I think the covers speak for themselves. I love the silhouette on the cover of Before I Saw You. The image and colors for The Sound of Stars is stunning. How beautiful is the sky for Under A Painted Sky?
Three goals for this year
- Take a leadership development course. This pertains more to work life since I’ve been charged with greater responsibilities that forces me to play a more visible role when I’d rather just help from behind the scenes.
- Be more comfortable with promoting my blog. I still have this desire to allow it to be as obscure as possible because I’m self conscious about what I write. What if I have no idea what I’m writing about?
- Read Jade City. I’ve heard so many good things about the book and Jade Legacy will be out soon. I need to read it this quarter, so next quarter can read Jade War.