I was tagged by the wonderful Kat @ KBbookreviews. Kat has read some fun books including In The Ravenous Dark and Six of Crows. If you’re curious if they’re goods reads, make sure to read Kat’s reviews! Also make sure to read Kat’s responses to the book tag.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Include the tag graphic in your post **
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 10 book related questions
- Don’t feel bound to these rules
- Have fun!
**I didn’t see the graphic and was unsure where to find it. If someone knows, please let me know and I will update this post**
1. Do you have a favourite book quote? If so, what is it?
This is a hard question. I have a Quotes feature with quotes from books and other places. A recent favorite quote is from Mhairi McFarlane’s Just Last Night (2021):
2. Who is your favourite book character from your reads this year?
My most recent favorite character hails from the Ignite the Stars duology, the Blood Wolf herself, Ia Cōcha .
3. If you could only recommend one book to someone, which book would it be?
I just did a Let’s Talk Bookish post on this and chose The Sun is Also A Star. I love how everything takes place in a single day and its infusion of the scientific method.
4. You have found yourself in trouble but can have the help of one book character, who would you partner up with and why?
Oooohhh!!! This is a good question and a really difficult one. I am going to have to say… shape shifter Simon Wolfgard from Anne Bishop’s The Others series. I have a book crush on him (he’ll keep me occupied so I don’t freak out about the trouble) and he’s also a problem solver with connections (I swear this is the real reason why I would partner up with him…hahaha).
5. Who are your top three favourite book villains?
- Alyce from Malice
- Raikama from Six Crimson Cranes
- Spectress from The Firebird Song
6. Do you prefer single or multiple POV books?
I’ve learned to enjoy multiple POV books, but I can’t have too many POVs or else I get antsy because I want to get back to the main character. Two and possibly three is a good number for me.
7. What is your favourite and least favourite genre?
I love fantasy and romance the most. They’re nearly on equal footing. My least favorite genre is probably horror. I scare easily. If I read a horror novel, I don’t think I’d be able to sleep for a while.
8. Do you own an special edition books? If so, which ones?
Do collector’s editions count? The only ones I can think of right now are Shadow and Bone and The Six of Crows duology. I haven’t read them but I couldn’t help but purchase special editions because they were so pretty. I also lucked out and got Illumicrate’s The Poppy War trilogy special editions.
9. Which authors are auto-reads for you?
- Rachel Lynn Solomon: Solomon’s writing is impeccable. Today Tonight Tomorrow remains one of my favorite novels. Recommendation: Today Tonight Tomorrow
- Stacey Lee: Lee reminded me why I used to love historical fiction and her protagonists provide a nuanced glimpse of history that is normally absent from history books. Recommendation: The Downstairs Girl
- Suzanne Park: Park’s characters are relatable and I love the humor in them. Recommendation: Loathe at First Sight
10. What is your favourite mythical/magical creature?
Dragons reign supreme for me. They’re the reason I fell in love with fantasy in the first place.
- I’m stealing from Kat and would like to know, do you have a favorite book quote? If so, what is it?
- What is the first book you can recall that made you realize you would be a lifelong reader?
- What was your first 5-star read this year and why?
- What is a place you’d like to visit because you read about it in a book? It can be a fictional or nonfictional place.
- Which character from a book would you like to trade places with for a day?
- What book would you change the ending to?
- What is one of your favorite tropes and a book that does it well?
- Who is a secondary character you adore and deserves a book of their own?
- What is your favorite retelling?
- What is one reading goal you have for the remainder of the year?
Please do not feel obligated to complete the tag.
- Christy & Claire @ I’m All Booked Up
- Debjani @ Debjani’s Thoughts
- Amani @ Amani’s Reviews
- YOU, if you who would like to do it. I had a good time reflecting on bookish things with this tag. Some of the questions were so hard!
Leave a Reply